Okay, guys and gals, some of you know darn good and well that I’m a little bit of a Luddite, and so won’t be surprised that I have no intention of figuring out how to put up one of those polls.
BUT, I do want your opinions on this matter. I’ll do what you say to do, whether you email me or leave a comment. Even if it means learning how to sell crap on eBay.
So I sit on my porch in the evening, enjoying this beer or that beer. And the freaking crackhead flies, gnats and mosquitoes like the sweet nectar as much as I do. I learn why those cool, old school beer steins have lids. And I long for one. And one of these days, I’m going to get me one. For use, not bloody decoration.
It hits me, as I pick flies out of my Jennings Farm Mild, that I have a lidded vessel. I’ve had it since high school, though I’ve never swallowed sip one from it. It’s Bud Man. Probably a Christmas present from my inconsistent mom. I treated it grail-like for many years, never using so as not to break it. It was a display piece.
But now, I don’t give crap one about Bud Man. My question to the Reader, You, is “What should I do with Bud Man?”
1. Use it to keep bugs out of my beer, caring not if I break it.
2. Sell it on eBay.
3. Keep it on display for old, high school sentimentality reasons, even though Milwaukee’s Best Light would be the true sentimental beer, and why isn’t there an MBL Man?
4. Give it to Monte, since he’s not such a beer snob that he doesn’t drink a few pints of Bud now and again.
5. Use it for target practice.
These are the true, five options. I will follow through with one of them. And here are my opinions on each :
1. This is tempting, but I don’t want to be misjudged one way or another, by this kind of person or that kind of person, based on the beverage holder I am using.
2. I’d rather not screw with setting up this eBay stuff. But I’ll do it if you make me.
3. A status-quo decision that won’t effect me much. It will leave me with the occasional conversation piece sitting on the shelf.
4. Not as easy as leaving it on the shelf, this won’t be much trouble. But what if he hates it?!?!
5. This would be fun. It would be wasteful and wrong, perhaps, so maybe I shouldn’t. But oh, the potential for photos!
I guess there is a sixth option. I could try and sell it to InBev. What do you think I should do?